Images from the Bootcamp "pilot", August 2012



Hi all! As promised, here are the pictures from the Bootcamp "pilot" last year. We actually took loads, it was quite difficult whittling them down.

Enjoy, and hope to see you at the next one on Sunday.

Whipped Batter samples


Oils... pre-branding

The obligatory cupcakes...
...which everyone quite enjoyed, apparently
First everyone had a chance to mingle and settle in

Some of the faces at the event...


































Getting down to business: talking through the order of the day, and finding out what topics in particular everyone wanted covered



Any questions?
Talking everyone's ear off
And out comes the cling film. I have no shame!

Showing both how to wash in sections and how to wash in twists

Out comes the cling film again, as I leave the conditioner to marinade
My next victim (Ozzy from the 4Aces) conjures up some Dutch courage with a glass of pink champagne
Gave her a quick shampoo (after DC'ing first) before talking through and demonstrating options for stretching post wash, giving tips on twisting, and moving on to dry styling options
Erm... no Flo, that's not how you use a banana clip
THAT'S how you use a banana clip!
Had a bit of time at the end, so showed a couple of 5 minute styles that can be done with banana clips and bobby pins
Shame we had no black pins
Ah well. Next time
And a great time was had by all!

2 comments

  1. Yaay finally the pics are up.. I forgive you for taking so long, but i'm upset I'll miss the next event. We had such a good time. It was so inspiring to see all the beautiful different ways people wore their natural hair & getting first hand advice. I was still transitioning at the time & it just strengthened my determination to see it through. Thanks hun, couldn't have done it without you.

    Have fun without us.. but save me a cupcake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quality of these pics!! I hope you guys had fun this year! xxx

    ReplyDelete