This month I have mostly been...July


This month I have followed the usual yawn-worthy routine of...

...fat twists:

...to twistout:


...to "I can't deal with loose hair in this humidity, so need to modify this style pronto":

Yeah that flash was scary!
Eek!
...to slightly more creative updos:



...to "how do I delay washing by one more day when I'm on vacay and the only accessories I have are a hair band and a scarf?"




(NB: These pictures weren't all taken in sequence because I'm still not in the habit of photographing my hair regularly, but they were all taken this month and illustrate general hair schedule I follow)

Looking for pictures for this post, I thought to myself: it is all well and good having yards of the healthiest hair in the world (not saying I do, but you catch my drift), but what it the point if it is not particularly attractive to look at? The longer it gets, the more product it uses up... and for what? To tuck it away in some unimaginative updo? 

What really is the purpose of hair if not as a way of looking more attractive? It really is that superficial!

I realise I have improved recently, but I'm sure I can do better.

So I've set myself a challenge... 30 days, 30 ways.

For the next 30 days, I am going to find a new and imaginative way to style my hair. I'll take inspiration from my favourite youtubers and bloggers (yes Miss Fizzy, I will be stalking you!), tumblr... everywhere! I'll also try and come up with my own spin on things.

Now I'm well aware that the constant manipulation is likely to cause some damage to my strands, but as I mentioned in my post on protective styling, I am not very focused on length retention at this point in time.

I warn you now, it won't always be pretty. It won't always be exciting. But it's the thought that counts, right?

I do realise August has 31 days, but "31 days, 31 ways" didn't quite have the same ring to it, and I was too excited to wait until September. Also this gives me a tiny bit of slack as I can have one day off!

So wish me luck, brace yourself for an onslaught of blog posts next month, and drop by every once in a while to see how I'm getting along.

Have a good one!

2 comments

  1. I love this post and I must say that I am in even more of a style rut. In my attempt to actively grow out my hair through protective styling (and to also keep my hair low maintenance), I wear my hair in medium sized twists for 2 weeks at a time (and they don't get to the second week before they start looking really fuzzy). My mom has started saying stuff about my hair and usually I get defensive but even I must admit that my hair isn't looking as good as it could. Once I wash my hair this weekend, I plan to turn over a new leaf in terms of hair styling.

    All that to say that I will be watching your 30 day style challenge with rapt attention.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Pressure! ;)

      I'll try my hardest not to disappoint.

      Delete