This year so far, I have mostly...

Seeing as we're now half way through the year, I figured I should, you know, fill you in on what's been going on with my hair since you last saw me as, well, this IS a hair blog and all. Hopefully this can, kinda sorta, make up for me breaking my promise for regular updates!

So...this year so far, I have mostly worn my hair out, actually. Naughty, naughty, I know. But as I've mentioned, I am not that bothered with length retention at the moment, so have just been having fun with it.


The old reliable twistout

...and more twistouts

Tried my very first bantu knot-out

...and loved it

Battled dryness in London

Faced humidity in Lagos

Tried to master the art of capturing braidout fabulousity in photos...and failed

Once in a while remembered to protective-style

Embraced shrinkage

Did a couple of wash-n-go's

...and generally just had fun with my hair

So there you have it. 6 months of my hair in one post!

Humidity has gone into overdrive again with the rainy season, so I'm back in twists for now. I've also modified my regimen again, so update on that coming up soon.

Wishing everyone a great weekend!

Nibi

6 comments

  1. Someone not particularly bothered about length retention always is a breath of fresh air for me. You have beautiful hair. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Well I understand why people want to grow their hair long, and I LOVE big, long natural hair. I just also love wearing my hair out, and don't really have the patience to do what it takes to retain as much hair as possible. (Also can't be bothered with the maintenance past a certain length. Lol!)

      Delete
  2. lol, the humidity poofy hair is wild! how come you're just trying a bantu knot out? I bantu knot my hair to keep it stretched at night and secure it. also, do you use a curl cream to style your hair? I don't use one and I think it might be the reason why I always get a frizz out :(

    My focus now is trying out different styles with the current hair length I have and also trying out different techniques and products on my hair. Hair length comes second.

    themanecaptain.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right, re: humidity. I've just about given up trying to fight it. If I need hold with a twist or braidout in high dew points I tend to use something with hold, like Ecostyler. Curl Creams don't give me that much hold.

      Delete