The braids are OUT!!!!


Woo! I honestly can't remember the last time I was so relieved to see the back of something. Two whole months of not being able to play with my hair has taken a lot of self-restraint, and discovering a crop of new youtubers has been akin to torture!

I feel like I lost an entire week to the braids, as of course I insisted on taking them out myself. I didn't start until Sunday evening, which meant that I didn't get very far and so spent the rest of the week trying to find 2 hours here and there to make as much progress as I could, and finding creative ways of pinning my hair to hide the half-braid half-fro status.

But they are gone now! And it will be a LONG time before I braid my hair again: just because of how much I missed my 'fro, and the sheer tedium of taking them down (remind me of this in about 3 months when I start whining about being too busy to do my hair and wanting to braid).

The good news is that there was minimal breakage, and I retained quite a bit of length (although I desperately need a trim). I'll post in detail about how I managed to take them down with hardly any damage to my hair, and what I did afterwards to revive my tresses. But first I'll be putting up the next installment in the "Kinky Hair 101" series tomorrow.

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday!  

No comments